Very Fixable QV6

outrun

This looks like a very nice spec car that could be very easy to fix. The airbags are probably the most complex issue, otherwise, looks like some of the front panels could be repaired and it should be easy enough to track down a headlight. Subject to the usual checking of chassis rails and all that stuff. Let's say it was bought for £16k and repaired for £5-8K, it's a very cheap, very nice car. If I was looking for a new daily, I'd be tempted by this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-15-...d=222785396244&_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507

CatmanV2

Altogether now: "There's no such thing as a cheap Maserati" ;)

Seriously, 5-8k seems cheap even for what can be seen:
Bonnet (£1000)
Both(?) wings (£800 each ish)
Front bumper (>£700)
Lights (£1400 each ish)

Can't find a price for the wheel or airbag.

Obviously you might get some parts from a breaker, but what's underneath the bonnet and bumper?

YMMV
C

bigbob

Altogether now: "There's no such thing as a cheap Maserati" ;)

Seriously, 5-8k seems cheap even for what can be seen:
Bonnet (£1000)
Both(?) wings (£800 each ish)
Front bumper (>£700)
Lights (£1400 each ish)

Can't find a price for the wheel or airbag.

Obviously you might get some parts from a breaker, but what's underneath the bonnet and bumper?

YMMV
C

+1. Then add the hassle of re-selling it. Just get an end lease one at auction for £3something or a Ghilbi diesel for £2something.

outrun

It's a £30-33k car without damage so around £24k repaired. I still think that could be done with a little patience, some sourced parts and effort. Of course, it's subject to whats under the bonnet which I suspect includes a radiator at least. Still good value if you have the time and skills.

It also has high spec, much higher than an ex-lease car is likely to. And it's better than the equivalent Ghibli.

bigbob

As an aside my choice of the current, Turin, cars would be the QP S (Dark blue with Tan would be ideal) as it has a lot more spec and space than the equivalent Ghibli plus I love that engine. Understand where you are coming from though.

azapa

I like the idea of a fixer-upper, but those wheels? Good lord, I have never seen an uglier maser wheel..

outrun

I like the idea of a fixer-upper, but those wheels? Good lord, I have never seen an uglier maser wheel..

Interesting, I can see that they can divide opinion. I love them as they hark back to the old designs of the 60s and 70s. Big cost upgrade along with rear climate control, carbon, skyhook, B&W stereo etc. That car was once a whole bunch of cash.

Mattp

I saw that when I was looking for mine, so it's been available since late October, early Nov. It does look tantalizingly straightforward! Passenger airbag being the only tricky part...

outrun

I saw that when I was looking for mine, so it's been available since late October, early Nov. It does look tantalizingly straightforward! Passenger airbag being the only tricky part...

Who cares about their passenger.... :)

outrun