Alfa 6c, based on Alfieri!

Masser50

I spoke to someone recently who claims to have seen the renders for the new GT and they said that it's still 2020 and it will be based on the same platform as the Alfa Giulia and will have the current QP's V8 in tuned form. They also said the Alfieri will be in the same platform and will have 3 engine offerings from pure electric, hybrid and pure petrol.

bigbob

I spoke to someone recently who claims to have seen the renders for the new GT and they said that it’s still 2020 and it will be based on the same platform as the Alfa Giulia and will have the current QP’s V8 in tuned form. They also said the Alfieri will be in the same platform and will have 3 engine offerings from pure electric, hybrid and pure petrol.

That would be a nice range of choice. By then I will be quite happy having a two seater so can pass on the GT and save some cash. In fact if we assume 2021 for the UK then my GT will be ten years old and on about 70k miles so they might do scrappage.

conaero

Forum Owner
I spoke to someone recently who claims to have seen the renders for the new GT and they said that it’s still 2020 and it will be based on the same platform as the Alfa Giulia and will have the current QP’s V8 in tuned form. They also said the Alfieri will be in the same platform and will have 3 engine offerings from pure electric, hybrid and pure petrol.

Id be happy with that but you know we are only going to get served up the V6

P R

I read an interview with Reid Bigland, and he was saying the V8 would have to go, though he would rue the day. I can't see a brand new car being offered with it but we live in hope!

There is a big investor presentation early June in Balocco which will outline the model plans for all of FCA brands.

bigbob

I read an interview with Reid Bigland, and he was saying the V8 would have to go, though he would rue the day. I can't see a brand new car being offered with it but we live in hope!

There is a big investor presentation early June in Balocco which will outline the model plans for all of FCA brands.

Will be interesting to watch. I remember the product planner a few years ago which showed all the Maserati launches that were planned....and never happened.

P R

Will be interesting to watch. I remember the product planner a few years ago which showed all the Maserati launches that were planned....and never happened.

I was going to put that caveat on.. however investor ones tend to be a little more accurate, the Alfa stuff has come to fruition if not a few years later than originally planned.

MrMickS

The current V8 will be going but the QP V8 may stay for a little while.

P R

The current V8 will be going but the QP V8 may stay for a little while.

Ah right. That is semi good news :)
I am quite fancying an Alfieri now, might hang on to the Ghibli a few more years and see what happens. If not I might jump ship to a Giulia Quad