Brilliant write up and what a fabulous looking car. Congrats.
New gearbox! Not heard that one before, how much is a new gear box dare I ask..Congratulations on a completely sensible purchase. The regrets I have of owning one are far outweighed by the joys
Things to look out for and look forward to:
- Rear tyres wear down to the canvass on the inside and maintain a pristine tread on the outer edge
- You discover the above when you lend your car to your mate and he reports that it's a bit lively in the wet
- The gearbox might munch a bearing; it's cheaper to buy a new gearbox than mend it
- It feels fast now, give it a couple of months and you'll be convinced that it's down on power
- When you're driving a normal car you'll wonder why no one is looking at you when you stop at traffic lights
- Looking out of the side window (When you have the roof up) to see if the lights have changed when you're in pole position becomes completely acceptable
- You'll end up on first name terms with your local petrol station
- And the local tyre fitter
- You'll be grateful that you do have/remorseful that you do not have, the electronic nose lift
- You'll scrape the nose often, and then curse yourself for not using the electronic lift
- When it comes to selling it you'll wonder why no one wants to buy a bright yellow convertible Lambo
- After being for sale for 6 months you'll take almost any offer for it
- When it goes, you'll think about how much it cost you to own... the payments are the cheap bit
- You'll miss it when it goes, regardless of what you swap to unless it's another Lambo
HeyThe more I look at the £60-70k bracket, increasingly more drawn to a LP560!
For bang for buck these cars have to be some if the best buys in this bracket. My fear though is running costs, to the OP, would you say 09+ cars could be serviced by Audi and would they be anymore ridiculous to pamper than a GTS?
No lambo dealers in NI! You car is extremely nice. Are the shields a factory extra like Ferrari?Hey
It's a cracking car. Even when you're not driving it! To look at its pretty obscene...in a wonderful way!
I'd never get it serviced by Audi, I don't think you actually can.
However, I'm not using main dealers either.
It can be expensive and more expensive than a GTS. But, if you can find the matching part, made for a different VAG car then it obviously reduces maintenance. However, this isn't a parts bin car and many things are Lambo only.
Ive only been in it a year and so far so good. I went for an LP560 as I hoped it would be more reliable than its predecessor.
Bella! I think the color is giallo medias. Either way,I would likely only trade up to a Gallardo for my GTS unless I seen a nice 599.