So I've got my GTS

sjc

And thought I'd start another thread for random questions and info please.
The manual says you can raise the headrests, I can't. Is the manual wrong?

Has anyone found a place for replacement key fob covers ( Maserati apparently only do the whole key).

There is a piece of leather shrinking on the side of the centre consul, has anyone had this done under the 4/5 year extended Trident warranty, or as a goodwill gesture?

The drivers seat sometimes will move forward for rear seat access, and sometimes doesn't. Is there a particular setting it has to be on somewhere?

What is the " stop/go" option on the parking sensors

Could they have made the Media centre any more confusing?

One of the technicians at Colchester Maserati today told me they hadn't had to do a MC clutch yet, which must be good news.And all the staff there were fantstically polite and helpful, very impressed.

The seats, bloody **** they're hard,I simply cannot get enough of the lumbar taken out of the backrest by the button only,anyone manged to find a cure?

Last edited:

thelovecrumb

Hi - There are minor niggles with these Italian beauties but my advice is not to worry and just enjoy the drive.... I can answer a few questions:

Seat Access - Simply has a mind of its own, mine does the same, particularly the passenger seat for some reason!

Stop/Go - Once your speed drops below 5 mph the front/rear parking sensors automatically activate. I have this option on as its very useful for parking.

Media Centre - Assume you mean the jukebox? It's rubbish! I simply put my MP3 files onto a USB stick and use the aux input in the glove box. Far easier in my opinion. As a side, I found the Bose stereo to be acceptable once the volume is above 8, anything under and there is bad background noise (a lack of Dolby NR perhaps). Either way, I rarely have any music on as I cannot stop listening to the glorious exhaust notes and find myself constantly in search of tunnels and bridges - This is even after 4k miles of ownership now.

Clutch - My wear was at 27% on 23k miles, so they do look fairly good for reaching 50k plus.

Seats - I have the Alcantrea partial leather, still quite hard but I find them not as slippery as the leather. No real solution to the comfort issue though - You could try sitting on a cushion - LOL!!!

Just drive and enjoy - They're great cars.

sjc

Completely sorted, he missed at least two off! (Joking aside thanks Darren !)

Thanks Darren, your thoughts are very similar to mine,Bose is absolutely shocking at low volume, but at full volume ( 30 on the dial) it sounds much better.Was surprised the volume didn't go even higher.
Also with regard to the Bose, there was something about centralising the sound, but I can't seem to find it in the system, and although I've set the balance to centre,the sound still seems to come from more like left of centre?

The stop /go option for the sensors, what's the difference between on and off, other than it appears people walking round the car will set them off when it's set to on? In the on position, nigh on every time I stopped in traffic they went off.I assume the fronts will be come active if you reverse first, then go forward? Also is there a way of adjusting the sensitivity of them, when they go to a solid beep there still a good 18" or room at least.

Am I doing something wrong with the folding mirrors? Move button to lower central and the mirrors fold in, mine aren't doing that.Would be a help as it's a wide car.

Twilght sensor, does the minus sign mean it's more sensitive ( lights come on earlier) or less sensitive?

Can't help thinking the ride is a bit hard even with Sport switched off,especially at les than 50 mph(ish)

My mission is to truely flummox someone eventually on this thread!

thelovecrumb

You're welcome SJC.

Bose - There is a button on the stereo head unit with a musical note. If you press this it will allow you to adjust the balance, bass and treble.

Stop/Go - When deactivated the front sensors will only come on if you press the sensor button on the right of the dash. When activated the sensors automatically work based on your speed. I agree they are very sensitive and unfortunately i do not believe there is any way to adjust the sensitivity, this is frustrating as the car is long enough without the sensors leaving you 18" away from the wall!

Mirrors - You are doing this correctly and mine do fold with button in the lower central position (only way I can fit the car into my garage). I think this may have been an option so check with Maserati. Also if you put the car into reverse and set the mirrors to a lower position to see the parking bays you can then save the setting into the memory seats and every time you reverse the mirror drops down automatically and goes back up when you engage 1st.

Sensor - minus is less sensitive but it never seems to make much difference. They only seem to come on when its pretty dark.

Ride - I have the skyhook option and find the suspension quite soft and comfortable in normal. When sport is selected it does firm up and i actually really like the balance. I find it far more useable than the PASM in my old Cayman S.

Hope this helps.

sjc

Still can't get the headrests up!

Sat-Nav doesn't seem to even offer the option of a part post code? Mine must be a really early one!

As for the Bose,still can't find the " centrepoint" adjustment in the menu,even on CD mode.

Starting to see much more of its all-round qualities now.

Still over the moon that Colchester Maserati were so helpful when I popped in yesterday.

Can I get the two little MC buttons with "1" and "R" replaced somewhere.

Anyone found an alternative key fob cover?

Can the headlights be set yo follow me home mode, or set to come on when you blip the key?

More ramblings to come no doubt!

Last edited:

Parisien

SJC, aren't a number of these things covered in your handbook, or indeed almost like a new car, I'd expect the dealer to take you through a familiarisation routine

P

sjc

SJC, aren't a number of these things covered in your handbook, or indeed almost like a new car, I'd expect the dealer to take you through a familiarisation routine

P

I've read the handbook, and I bought it privately.

sjc

Headrests don't go up so don't try! They do tilt though if that helps?

Bob I think you've nailed it with that comment. The dealer I spoke to was sure that the headrests went up, but I couldn't do it, and there's no button as he had said there was. However, the handbook states " adjustable for incline" ( which I took to mean up/down) but it could well mean tilt. Thanks for that.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Mine don't go up. I wasn't aware they tilt either. Perhaps they don't!

By the way, all the comments regarding delinquent electric front seats / rear access - yup.

Last edited:

sjc

Mind don't go up. Or wasn't aware they tilt either. Perhaps they don't!

By the way, all the comments regarding delinquent electric front seats / rear access - yup.
Slightly off topic, but I'm going for the chrome window trim in body colour, and maybe have the plastic door mirror mount covers done as well, but leave the door handles chrome for now.
Still doesn't appear to be any facility to put in the post code for my Sat-Nav, only town and street. Colchester is going to look for an update.
I'd quite like a new "1" and "R" button on the centre console as they're a tad worn, but no joy as in true Maserati tradition it's the complete part only,and alas it's the same with the blue plastic key fob cover, one of which has a piece broken off.
Bit by bit I'm getting the car to how I want it condition wise, and learning about it abilities. In it's dual role capacity, I was quite happy to poodle home last night with Sport switched off, cruise set to 60,and see if I could hit the magic 20mpg!

sjc

SJC...the odd fob does turn up on ebay...will keep an eye out

P

Thanks for that.
Scouring the net imputing various combinations of words I found a thread about a company that did carbon ones, but when I clicked on the link the page was blank unfortunately.

Tipmethewink

Slightly off topic, but I'm going for the chrome window trim in body colour, and maybe have the plastic door mirror mount covers done as well, but leave the door handles chrome for now.
Still doesn't appear to be any facility to put in the post code for my Sat-Nav, only town and street. Colchester is going to look for an update.
I'd quite like a new "1" and "R" button on the centre console as they're a tad worn, but no joy as in true Maserati tradition it's the complete part only,and alas it's the same with the blue plastic key fob cover, one of which has a piece broken off.
Bit by bit I'm getting the car to how I want it condition wise, and learning about it abilities. In it's dual role capacity, I was quite happy to poodle home last night with Sport switched off, cruise set to 60,and see if I could hit the magic 20mpg!
Hmmmm... my car's less than a year old and the 1, R and Sport (how did that happen!!) button are all showing signs of wear, that's disappointing to hear about getting them replaced.

sjc

Hmmmm... my car's less than a year old and the 1, R and Sport (how did that happen!!) button are all showing signs of wear, that's disappointing to hear about getting them replaced.
I'd imagine your's must be covered by the guarantee?

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member

That'll look good against your colour, sjc. I look forward to seeing it. What about the exhaust tips?

Let me know how. You get on with a sat-nav update. A few times lately I've looked up an address on Google maps, found it on the sat-nav map and selected the destination direct from there. Clumsy, but it works!

The keys ... They're just ****.

sjc

Off topicm but how do I quote all teh quotes ina reply, rather than just one?

CatmanV2

See the little icon on the right, where there is reply, Reply with quote and then another speech bubble with a plus on it?

C