SportsMaserati Exhaust Modification Guilde

jasst

Like the sound of this as I wake the whole village when I fire her up, so how do you go about fitting valved boxes to a 4200?

CatmanV2

Like the sound of this as I wake the whole village when I fire her up, so how do you go about fitting valved boxes to a 4200?

It's just a case of removing the old ones and bolting on some valved ones. An hour or so on a ramp, then another hour if you want to be able to switch them on and off.

Issue is (I suspect) the original GS valved boxes are £eeek. I know the Strad boxes I have should have been, but sometimes bargains come up. Sounds like Benny is about to come to a sensible priced alternative.

C

MrPea

Aha, this 4 valves thing has caught my attention... that could be just what I need to let out more voice and keep neighbours happy, and all at a reasonable cost.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
It might be overkill, but I've noticed quite a lot of sound comes out of the 'loud' side even when the valves are closed. Watch this space!

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
I understand the logic, either one side or the other, but why not just have the loud side normally closed and when in 'loud' mode, why bother having valves on the 'quiet' side, and save 2 valves.
Regarding gas flow, the individual pipe diameter of each tail pipe is smaller than the inlet pipe, so just having all the gases out of one tailpipe (unless made bigger) could restrict power...we don't want that!!

JonW

Why 4 valves? Well, when the GS starts it 'barks' because the valves are open, ie they need vacuum to close, so until the vacuum builds it runs loud, and the quiet side is always open allowing some gas to escape. By putting closed valves on the loud side and open on the quiet side it will be quiet when it starts as it will allow ALL the gas to escape via the quiet side. When the switch is flicked, the loud side will open, the quiet side will close allowing ALL the gas out of the loud side. This will make the new boxes both louder and quieter. We can of course just put open valves on the loud side as per the GS boxes which will be cheaper. I'll put some video on when they are done. I'm hoping to have them made before we go to Spain so watch this space!

This is fab - I've never understood the bark on starting.... and can see having a quiet button could be helpful...

gt86driver

Hello guys,
I'm leaning towards a 200 cell single cat & aluminized steel h pipe (400£ quot)

But I'm concerned it might be too loud when my daughter is on board or during yearly inspection time.. since this is the only the first step second would be to have straight pipes valved boxes for even more sound!

my end goal is to achieve banana man's killer sound

Would love some feedback guys,
2d6999ae69c29d1b50de36b625c40ad6.jpg
371fd8f7ce3c4d4cdb09a0a39ccd42c9.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

jasst

Hi guys, a quick update. I've finally got round to ordering the parts in order ro make custom back boxes out of the standard, unloved, 4200 items. My plan is to change all the internal pipe work, put valves on all 4 tail pipes (2 open and 2 closed) and Akrapovic Carbon wrapped tail pipes. Why 4 valves? Well, when the GS starts it 'barks' because the valves are open, ie they need vacuum to close, so until the vacuum builds it runs loud, and the quiet side is always open allowing some gas to escape. By putting closed valves on the loud side and open on the quiet side it will be quiet when it starts as it will allow ALL the gas to escape via the quiet side. When the switch is flicked, the loud side will open, the quiet side will close allowing ALL the gas out of the loud side. This will make the new boxes both louder and quieter. We can of course just put open valves on the loud side as per the GS boxes which will be cheaper. I'll put some video on when they are done. I'm hoping to have them made before we go to Spain so watch this space!

Hi Benny, any progress on this?