GT style Grill on 4200 GB

jacekzaku

Hello,
There is a group buy going on maseratilife forum.
If it is against the rules to post about it I apologize and mods please delete this thread.
otherwise here is the link:
http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/coupe-spyder-gs/81257-gs-custom-grill.html
we are up to 13 there- contingent on the price ofcourse that should be posted soon.
As per the fabricator his sweet spot for making them is quantity 10-20.
you can post your interest here and I can update the list...

Attachments

• gt grill front.jpg
    gt grill front.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 142

allandwf

I saw a green spyder with a grille like that in Germany. I liked it. Remember posting a pic.

highlander

That does look quite a nice upgrade and does not detract from the car.......who has a 3D printer? ;)

jacekzaku

There is a German body kit (GS I believe) that offers different front bumper with opening made for genuine GT grille. Maybe that's what you saw. There are quite a few of them. I looked into it but the cost was prohibitive. This is custom made aluminum grille that fits into the 4200 opening. No modifications needed just put in the new grille....

highlander

Honestly, if this could be done to fit the 32, I'd fit it.......and I'm to the right of traditional!

jacekzaku

I'm aware of the fascia update in 2005 in the US- not sure what year in Europe. I still have to tabulate the "small grill"('02-'04) and the "big grill" ('05-'06) quantities- I think we need both styles.
Would the 32 qualify as the smaller grill style? do you know? (no 32s in the US)

jacekzaku

color, price, etc.

Think it would look better if it wasn't black...Maybe more anthracite.......
We can either anodize any color or have them powder coated any color. I'm not big fan of color anodizing parts exposed to elements-it will wear of pretty soon and show bare aluminum. There is "hard anodizing" process but that only could be made in black. It is bullet proof.
Powder coating is tough, can be any color and looks great. It can have shiny, semi flat or flat finish. I had all the chrome on my motorbike redone in anthracite semi gloss. It looks great!!! IMO

Attachments

• powder coating.jpg
    powder coating.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 47

jacekzaku

I would be interested in one of these. Any idea on the price?
We are all waiting for the price . I spoke with the fabricator yesterday- he is working on it and should get back to me very soon. I will post as soon as I have it.
In the mean time we'll add you (Ewan, Spartcus, Jayblue) to the list- contingent on the price ofcourse ;-)

jayblue

We are all waiting for the price . I spoke with the fabricator yesterday- he is working on it and should get back to me very soon. I will post as soon as I have it.
In the mean time we'll add you (Ewan, Spartcus, Jayblue) to the list- contingent on the price ofcourse ;-)

Great thanks.