Brunty 2017

Contigo

Sponsor
We really think it makes that much difference?

C

I don't but most trackdays I've been on where they provide helmets they insist on the use of their disposable hair nets. Would you want to be putting a helmet on which has been on the heads of say 20 other people within a few hours? If the answer is no then you can guarantee the public will feel the same :D

CatmanV2

I don't but most trackdays I've been on where they provide helmets they insist on the use of their disposable hair nets. Would you want to be putting a helmet on which has been on the heads of say 20 other people within a few hours? If the answer is no then you can guarantee the public will feel the same :D

Well actually it would make no difference to me if hairnets were being used or not. Knowledge you see, as opposed to ignorance. A hairnet is pretty much designed to stop bits falling into stuff. Like food. Isn't going to stop surface to surface transfer of sweat, oil, stuff, bacteria, microbes etc etc.

I might take my own helmet but pretty much only an waterproof liner is really going to make an appreciable difference IMHO

C

2b1ask1

Special case
Shower caps it is then... you know what to do all you seasoned travellers, collect those complementary ones in your hotel rooms between now and Brunty!

MrPea

Honest opinions please here...
With the requirement for helmets in open top cars, and the likelihood of helmets being diseased as they're passed between various louse-infested mongrel-rats, what would be the desire of the punters to ride in an open-top GranSport Spyder compared with getting into another Italian beauty where they have their heads unhindered?

I totally get that the likes of a "wow" experience car, like the Atom, would continue to have no problem in spite of the helmet requirement. I just wonder that people couldn't be doing with the faff, discomfort and inability to communicate when there are very similar alternatives available with a roof.

spkennyuk

Serious thought. Disposable helmet liners are about £1.10 each for the type that can be binned or washed afterwards. We would probably need between 300 and 500 for each day but they could be used again next year.

The food type disposable hair nets are around £6 for 100 which is much cheaper.

The more helmet liners bought the cheaper they are so is it not worth the brunty organisers seeing what discount they can get or get one of the suppliers to sponsor in return for advertising at the event ?

I dont mind buying a shed load of hair nets from the cash and carry FOC for the event.

The biggest problem is that we are likely to need around 10 to 16 helmets for passenger use if they need to be worn by all passengers plus another 8 for the drivers if we have 8 cars out at a time.

MrPea

So, between shaving people for charity and helmet liners, the disease issue can be mitigated. Good.

But, what about the open top whilst wearing a helmet still being attractive against the alternative of closed roof and no helmet? You see, personally, and as a total fan of toplessness, if I were a punter I'd be opting for a car in which I don't need a helmet.

drewf

Wait to see what they finally decide - no point getting too distressed about it just yet, since they might find a way round it.

Contigo

Sponsor
Does it matter? If your car is out on a session then we tend to filter people to whatever car is available unless they request. I reckon helmets will be mandatory in all cars this year.

drewf

Have to agree Phil, I don't understand how we have not been forced to use them in previous years!

MrPea

Well, we'll see what they decide on. I have a college reunion on that Saturday that I also really want to do. I'm trying to work out if I could wrangle both somehow!

Contigo

Sponsor
Hmm college reunion or ragging the nuts off a car at a great show with like minded people? :D

GeoffCapes

Or maybe this is more apt.

[video=youtube;AHppmhyNx8M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHppmhyNx8M[/video]

spkennyuk

Well, we'll see what they decide on. I have a college reunion on that Saturday that I also really want to do. I'm trying to work out if I could wrangle both somehow!

Brunty is planned to be over two days this year so problem solved. College reunion saturday and Brunty on Sunday.

drewf

Brunty is planned to be over two days this year so problem solved. College reunion saturday and Brunty on Sunday.

Stevie isn't going to be in any state to even get to Brunty on Sunday, let alone drive on the track! :D

MrPea

Stevie isn't going to be in any state to even get to Brunty on Sunday, let alone drive on the track! :D
This is the conundrum... Joining you lot and Brunty is awesome. Seeing old friends, but with pickings from one of the best wine cellars in Oxford also being on offer... It's really quite a hard choice!