2018 Maserati Granturismo revealed at NYSE

MrPea

Two ideas from me...
I'd prefer a slightly less bright red interior on the cab, but this configurator doesn't allow custom colours!
Capture.jpgCapture1.jpg

iainw

Dark blue with the brown interior is stunning!

The Black MC looks good... if the residuals weren't so damned poor it would be unrivalled on the road in its class. They just look divine. The definition of what maserati should be making

azapa

Don't you prefer how yours looks to this?
I do. They have spoilt the front end IMO.

Ianinw: yes of course I'd keep mine. Even if they did a little "race" button, did the corresponding ECU and Gearbox magic and made a stradale version. But my point, previously made is, to be honest I am happy that they have done the re-hash. It sounds much better that the "Maserati has decided to stop making sportscars" anouncement, or indeed the "Maserati has decided to stop making.." announcement that we have all had in the back of our minds.

Sure, they will only sell 20 a year in the UK, maybe a 100 a year in the US, but it keeps the brand breathing. And that car at Goodwood giving it stick and sounding (and looking) great was a buzz.

Andyk

The front end reminds me of another car but just can't put my finger on it. I am liking the front....Does sort of bring the looks up to date and it's more successful than the ugly Lavante and the new QP front end.

Ebenezer

That's the trouble, there are a lot of marques now with angular grills. The previous roundness rather set it apart.
Eb

iainw

Agreed. Loved the stradale smile. Was agressive and no need to change it.
Just needed infotainment and engine upgrades

dannywooly

I've had a good look over this and a few things to me just seem not right!

- I feel the grill has been turned down from the aggressive Sport and Strad, i personally feel it doesn't flow quite as nicely
- Whats with the side vertical vent where the designers name was, that looks too much M4 for me!
- Yes ok the infotainment is old in even my 2013, but everything i need is there and not distracting from the lush interior, in the 500 miles covered in mine i am yet to turn the stereo on, even on my long run home i just enjoyed listening to the V8 and cruising, yes the sat nav not being full postcode is a let down but google maps on my phone sorts the last 5 miles if needed. Phone prep is excellent, and if i did want music just connect my phone or pop in that special CD.

For me, i think i were to upgrade from the Sport a Strad 4 seater would be next, i prefer it over the redesign in a number of ways. Obviously my opinion but i think this new release was a bit of a let down. I'd rather they took the Sport and upped the power bit more! :)

conaero

Forum Owner
Here is a thought for the ageing Infotainment, on my Range Rover that is coming in September, you can get an aftermarket solution that allows you to command the screen with your mobile phone.

Can this be done on the legacy GranTurismo.

Here is what I am having:

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=368&cat=32&page=1

I have full TomTom for Europe on my iPhone and use it all the time, its brilliant and I would really like to do the same on the Strad.

For me then, this would be the best of both worlds.

Xlink dont list Maserati nor Ferrari, but isn't our system based on a Chrysler or something, that is listed?

iainw

Here is a thought for the ageing Infotainment, on my Range Rover that is coming in September, you can get an aftermarket solution that allows you to command the screen with your mobile phone.

Can this be done on the legacy GranTurismo.

Here is what I am having:

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=368&cat=32&page=1

I have full TomTom for Europe on my iPhone and use it all the time, its brilliant and I would really like to do the same on the Strad.

For me then, this would be the best of both worlds.

Xlink dont list Maserati nor Ferrari, but isn't our system based on a Chrysler or something, that is listed?

This looks very cool matt and as you say - best of both worlds.
Do they manage to fill the screen with the image or do you lose out on 50% + of the screen size like on the photo?

CatmanV2

There is a video adapter you can use which should allow this to work. Very interesting idea

Couple of caveats: The GT screen isn't touch sensitive. No idea what it would be like controlling the image on the screen via the phone
You're not going to get any audio from the phone, still without some other kind of streaming interface, and then you'll have to potentially swap between mirrored and normal displays to make any changes to input etc
Final one: Had this *kind* of thing in a loaner Skoda in Dublin. It was ****. Particularly for Sat Nave. But this might have been bad implementation or a wetwear failure.

C

conaero

Forum Owner
^^^Indeed, the RR Lease car its going into is touch screen, but at least you can set the nav up on the phone then switch it off and charge it.

They are all bluetooth connectivity so no nasty cabling either.

CatmanV2

^^^Indeed, the RR Lease car its going into is touch screen, but at least you can set the nav up on the phone then switch it off and charge it.

They are all bluetooth connectivity so no nasty cabling either.

Much easier in the RR then :)

C

azapa

The problem is not the just the infotainment screen/interface, although it is crxp, its also how awful the amp and speakers sound. My car does not have the fancy audio pack though, which may make a difference. I have not turned it on for the past 9 months of use.

Andyk

So some of you had letters from Maserati talking about am amazing attraction at Goodwood. I take it this was it...A new grill and entertainment bits.......??