4200 exhaust up-grade/change

Parisien

After witnessing much debate and watching and listening to endless vids of how the changes sounded and considered the daily usage of a much louder exhaust system in a 4200, I decided to plump for the MIJ of Walsall option - competitively priced straight through pipes.

I had in the interim, and in anticipation, already changed over the centre silencer section for a H pipe bought off a member of this forum, this seemed to make a little difference in both sound and "responsiveness". The H pipe was quite a bit lighter than the part removed.

Whilst at Autoshield and speaking to Marios he suggested another option from a company he used.

Granted it was more expensive but I felt on the balance having an item made from thicker gauge SS, plus a more Maserati-like design and finish plus being clamped in place for ease of changing would suit both the car and my self much better.

So having it ordered on the Thursday it would be ready for fitting the following Wednesday. It took a bit longer to do due to the lack of space to get at the fittings tight to the back bumper plus many of the screws had either rusted through or failed.

Also the two sets of pipes were also quite a bit lighter than the standard silencers, am sure for both, plus the centre section, saving 15Kgs in weight alone!

The following pics show the exhausts supplied and fitted.

P

Parisien

One before and one after......top one after.....no control over how these appear in sequence!!!

IMG_2617.jpg

IMG_2606.jpg

P

Parisien

So how does it all feel...........sound, weigh up in daily use....?

Having done 300 odd miles in them since Wednesday, it certainly took a bit of getting used to.

Firstly when Marios fired them up....I thought I was back at Le Mans!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very very loud, quite eeemmm.....blarty.........

On the move from the off...a wonderful deep growl, on hard acceleration even nicer!!

Just about getting used to them.....my son approves......................................awesome.......................... being used several times.....:)

P

Parisien

Maybe next weekend Andrew.......gunna PI55 down here all day tomorrow and several days during week......:(

P

Parisien

They are guys.......very smart, almost too nice to stick on tarmac side of the car!!

Also, the people who make these Maserati type exhausts also sell them online, but Marios insists on them being made to his spec.........which is superior to those sold to others.

P

Parisien

Naturally, I have kept both rear silencers plus centre one, in case when I sell it the buyer belongs to the anti-noise pollution society.....;)..........would anyone hazard a guess as how much these 3 items might cost if bought new?

£5426

Yes.....

Five thousand four hundred and twenty six pounds!!!!!

:bigcry3:

:jpmad:

No doubt some one of you lot out there will tell me just how Maserati can justify this!!!!

;)

P

Parisien

Having nothing else to do right now...the running total for a complete exhaust as bought of Eurospares would be around £17000.............the price of a nice 4200!!!!

P

Emtee

Having nothing else to do right now...the running total for a complete exhaust as bought of Eurospares would be around £17000.............the price of a nice 4200!!!!

P

Just pray your cats don't go P. The OEM replacements are a truly criminal price, they're cr@p design and don't carry a life-time warranty. Scandalous!

Parisien

Had this discussion before Miles......about their poor design and low location on the system.........scandalous!!!

P

Parisien

Autoshield will supply the rears pipes of same high quality and design for £550 plus VAT, fitting is extra...mine took longer than normal as a lot of screws etc were corroded.

P

YHTM

I will shortly be selling the straight through pipes I had fitted 2 weeks before I sold the car! Missing the sound - not helped by the fact that the valves on my GS do not open in Sport mode as they should.