Alternative parts, what everyone needs to know...

Parisien

Geoff there is a list in one of the posts near the end of the alternative parts thread....about 7/8/9 items on it

P

Geofflyn

That's fantastic thanks very much. I will post a photo of the car when it arrives in Aust complete with Aussie registration plates. The strength of our currency is seeing a huge influx of Masrs and 360 Ferraris Thanks again. Geoff

Geofflyn

I meant ask did anyone work out whether the discs for the 4200 are the same as the GS. Excuse the dumb questions but I am not yet full bottle on how many differences there are between the running gear of the 4200 and that of the GS. CHeers Geoff

Ascott

Just had the 550 discs and green grippers fitted to my GS everything fitted and the braking performance is so much better and a saving of over £700 to what I was going to pay, so thanks for the input from everybody on this forum as without this no one would know.

Attachments

• brakes 011.jpg
    brakes 011.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 51

Woody

Ascott,

Would you mind sharing more details (happy to get them via PM if you'd prefer)?

What did you have done - fronts or all four? Who did the work and what did you end up paying? I'm asking as I suspect I'll need mine doing soon. They were a "will need doing soon" on the PPI so might splash out when I next get some spare cash.....but not sure whether they're £500 or £1500! :)

Parisien

Plus important point, be sure to prime and paint hub part of disc a mid to dark grey to prevent superficial rusting..........making them look so naff if you don't!!

P

Parisien

Geoff, the parts numbers are about in those threads......but the 550 maranello discs from the relevant period is good enough!

Search for the word maranello on the forum...will get a few threads up!

P

Woody

Thanks Frank. I've read a few of these brake threads and, well, its "information overload"! Its got to the point where I'll just drop the car off, mutter something along the lines of "fififty....marane....." and await the bum slapping on my return! LOL!

Parisien

Oh dear....don't tell me theres a patience limit your end......tell me what you need ...will fetch it for you......no slapping required.....:)

P

Woody

haha.....thanks Frank, you're a gent.

Lets start with.....a payrise? What you find for me needs paying for!

Its not so much patience, its that there's too much choice almost. I'll look into more when I'm ready to pull the trigger on some new stoppers.

Parisien

Front Brembo Brake Discs - FERRARI 550 Maranello 96 to 02 02-02358 2 £195.43
Rear Brembo Brake Discs - FERRARI 550 Maranello 96 to 02 02-02359 2 £157.66
Subtotal £353.09
Delivery £0.00
Grand Total (Excl.Tax) £294.24
VAT £58.85
Grand Total (Incl.Tax) £353.09

Got free delivery as it took a month to get!!!!

Heres the search of the firm I got them off -

http://www.apbrakediscs.co.uk/brembo-brake-discs.html?make=8743&model=9225

Greengrippers off here....£70 for both sets plus postage in February

http://www.ebrakes.co.uk/

P

Parisien

Hi Danny, the pics are just for illustration for all their discs, they are crossed drilled yes, more holes and bigger than the standard disc

P