Hello everyone

andyp250f

Phil H suggested I take a look at this forum, so here I am. As Phil mentioned in another post, I'm the person responsible for building the Tipo250. Glad you got to see the car Phil, it was well received over the three days. Just need some weather now so I can take her out again. heres a picture for those who hav'nt seen it.

Attachments

• IMG_4656.jpg
    IMG_4656.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 22

Parisien

My oh my...what a work of art............................do tell us more Andy........all the details....am salivating already!!!

Congrats and thank you for joining our Maserati forum.

P

Last edited:

lozcb

Phil H suggested I take a look at this forum, so here I am. As Phil mentioned in another post, I'm the person responsible for building the Tipo250. Glad you got to see the car Phil, it was well received over the three days. Just need some weather now so I can take her out again. heres a picture for those who hav'nt seen it.

That is one ell of a beauty , god ive got so many questions to ask , i dont know quite where to start and thats really unusual for me not normally stuck for words , im dumfounded truly that is awesome , i wanna see it touch it feel take picks of it , when did you start the project , who with , what with i need to know everything , as Phil knows ive been pondering doing a 300s for some time beginning of my retirement , Prey do tell all

regardsloz

2b1ask1

Special case
Blithlmmm.... Mithigglleswwww..... flubblleeeeeemm!!!!

It's no good I cannot find the right words to complement that beast! Welcome Welcome and Welcome will have to do for now!

andyp250f

Hmm. where to start. Always loved the 250f, banged on about them untill everybody got bored, then decided to build one. Went to see VOSA, to see if it was possible, bearing in mind it had to be road legal. They proved invaluable,not only with help and advise, but hours of conversation about compliance, safety etc. After that it was just a matter of bashing some metal with a hammer, and welding, and some careful measuring. Luckily, my normal business brought me into contact with the real thing, and the owners were more than happy to let me measure their cars, and take countless pictures. What you see is the result of about 6 years work, mainly research, the car took 14 months from scratch to build, lots of tea, and a very understanding wife. If you have anything specific to ask, feel free, or have a look at tipo250.co.uk. Turn the volume up, its a short clip, but quite musical. Thanks for the interest. Andy.

Attachments

• Tipo250 side.jpg
    Tipo250 side.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4649.jpg
    IMG_4649.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4651.jpg
    IMG_4651.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 15

Andyk

Andy do not know what to say...My all time fav racer is the 250F......I'm lost for words...Must have been a dream come true...Stunning...

Woody

tis a work of art. Love the number plate too!

Had a qucik look on that site (but am working so was only a peek) - is that your car or is that a recreation kit that you've built off the back of your hard work?

conaero

Forum Owner
Agreed, that is a work of art, I am off over to your website with the speaker maxed out...ready for some grinning!

andyp250f

Thats my car on the site. As soon as I find a microphone that can cope with 107db, I will put a longer clip on.

2b1ask1

Special case
Wow; for a dreamy few minutes guys, treat yourself to looking on Andy's website.....

Real credit for making this happen in this day and age and I hope you get a full order book for your marvelous efforts!

GransportFan1

Welcome Andy, saw these pics on Supercar Driver, god i hope to see you at a meet soon. Just the 1 seat in there i take it?

lozcb

I do luv a doer over a dreamer , mega Kudos to you Andy , I will be in touch in due course , a cuppa over that bonnet sounds just the thing

regards loz

Parisien

Me thinks Andy....you could very quickly become the forums figure head!

That is a most wonderful achievement........a once in a lifetime event.......of truly inspiring piece of automotive work.

I electronically bow to you and your commitment, foresight, persistence, singularity of purpose............................am gobsmacked.

In other words.....BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P

lozcb

Me thinks Andy....you could very quickly become the forums figure head!

That is a most wonderful achievement........a once in a lifetime event.......of truly inspiring piece of automotive work.

I electronically bow to you and your commitment, foresight, persistence, singularity of purpose............................am gobsmacked.

In other words.....BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P

Think your on to something there Frank ......................What say you Mat , we make Andy's car the forum Mascot alongside the red Gransport , can it be overlaid

regards loz

Parisien

I must look at the website guys.......am just blown away........good suggestion Loz.........would the sportsmaserati logo look good on the side of his 250F or what!!!!????

:)

:)

P

lozcb

Gonna make a big ask here , anyone fancy going halves with me , thinking it would be cool to ask Andy to bring it down to the First meet at Ace Cafe in the new year , im happy to pay at least half for him to have it trailered down from and back to Nottingham , thats unless he's keen to drive it down

regards loz

andyp250f

No need. If the weathers dry, I'll drive down. Thats what it was built for . Might cost you a cuppa though.