Lancasters service offer

vulcan1208

I just received a mail out from Lancaster Maserati with some special offers one of which is an annual 3200 service with cambelt change for £850 inc. VAT. I personally do not use them ( I use Grimaldis' ) but it does seem pretty cheap and to the best of my knowledge includes collection and delivery:

"Annual Service Promotion

Model
3200 £625 inc. VAT
4200 £675 inc. VAT
Gransport £625 inc. VAT

2 Year Service Schedule, Granturismo, GranCabrio and Quattroporte Service

Model
All 12.5k 2 year £1100 inc. VAT rrp £1350.00
All 25k 4 Year £1450 inc. VAT rrp £1795.00
All 37.5k 6 Year £1000 inc VAT rrp £1350.00

Special Offers

3200 Cam belt and Annual Service £850.00 inc VAT

Book a Service Now and for an extra £150.00 inc VAT and have a full Jewelultra Bodycare kit, applied to your vehicle. (3 year guarantee) RRP £499.99 inc VAT

In addition to these special launch promotions; book in for a Service plus spider roof treatment and receive an extra special promotional rate.*"

Andyk

That is very good service rates for 3200/4200 and GS....Main dealer as well......Had to happen in the end I suppose.

vulcan1208

Just a small note, I think the collection / delivery service is by driver not trailer, when I used to use Lancasters the driver (a really nice older gentleman) was sometimes dropped of at my place in a newish Bentley, it must have been a bit of shock getting out of that and into a manual 3200.

Klive

Interesting that the 4200 annual is £50 more than the GS. Any ideas why?

Parisien

Maybe a time aspect.....something was improved on the GS that meant less time needed to carry out that aspect of the service?!

P

Easyplan66

Good prices but I am still wary about using main dealers when they generally find more things 'wrong' with the car that need doing once they have it in their workshop, then you have to pay the high hourly rate to get them sorted. Maybe I am too cautious but I prefer to use an inde who I trust.

hodroyd

If they were near me I might try them, much lower price than our local JCT 600. I will try and give JCT the chance of matching Lancasters and see where we go. Indies are probably the best value long term.

Easyplan66

If they were near me I might try them, much lower price than our local JCT 600. I will try and give JCT the chance of matching Lancasters and see where we go. Indies are probably the best value long term.

Do those rates include the fluids, mine is booked in with Shiltech next week for service £450 plus vat plus fluids comes to about £650

Parisien

Cause on the Maserati service chart, for additional fluids of gearbox, brake/clutch,PAS, coolant, comes to about £150......including VAT

P

Last edited:

Easyplan66

I may have forgot the gearbox oil as last year they did not change it as I had some work done the month before under warranty from the people I brought the car from. Does that make sence....

hodroyd

I do not like the sound of an oil flush at all and for a fuel flush just buy a bottle of Redex.