4200/GS rear spoilers in glass fibre and carbon fibre

EnzoMC

looks very good at this price, would have been interested but sadly this would be lost on a black car. maybe asking too much but could an MC one be made (with some blue strands)

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Hi Nico,
Thanks for joining the forum:thumb3:
I'm sure there will be more interest in the next couple of days!

ahvlanico

looks very good at this price, would have been interested but sadly this would be lost on a black car. maybe asking too much but could an MC one be made (with some blue strands)
This spoiler is for 4200 and gransport, so should fit on a MC victory.

ahvlanico

Im not sure the 3200 and 4200 hoods are same..

ahvlanico

You pushed me to work today in this dark and rainy day..
1st made a template to drill in good places:
maserati-imag0189-img.jpg

put it on the car

maserati-imag0190-img.jpg

drill the car..I felt alone...scared..I did it..
I DRILLED MY MASERATI !!

maserati-imag0190-img.jpg

maserati-imag0198-img.jpg

maserati-imag0200-img.jpg

maserati-imag0201-img.jpg

maserati-imag0200-img.jpg

It is not very easy to do..you must drill bigger than the screw to be able to place well in good lateral position...too,I realised that there are 5 screw and when you put the spoiler you can put only 3 bolts because you have no acces..it same on the oe part. so I think 4 screw would be enough.
Too how to put a bolt on a curved hood inside you undestand ?? so I made spacers with a sort of resin fimo inside the hood. A sort oh shewing gum.like this the screw and washer inside the hood will be in good position. I will look on maserati parts list if something exist but im not sure..
I did not finished because I want to put black glue under the spoiler..will make better pics next week.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Well done Nico!
The Eurospares web site does not show any special nuts that I can see, but yes 5 of them...maybe a GS owner can see how the factory fitted their spoiler for access?
I would certainly sit the spoiler on a bed of black mastic, such as Dum Dum as sold in the UK. This will fill any small gaps and prevent water ingress.
Now I have seen a picture...I want even more!

ahvlanico

Well done Nico!
The Eurospares web site does not show any special nuts that I can see, but yes 5 of them...maybe a GS owner can see how the factory fitted their spoiler for access?
I would certainly sit the spoiler on a bed of black mastic, such as Dum Dum as sold in the UK. This will fill any small gaps and prevent water ingress.
Now I have seen a picture...I want even more!

I looked to the parts diagrams and did not find anything..no special nut..so I use this:

mastic-reparation-fuites.jpg

I will use black mastic yes ! nicer and no water..
To see the nuts you must remove the hood inside cover it is a bit long to do..

JDM

Guys, please! Do not drill your boot lid for a mod you may want to reverse, we don't even do this to our beaten Nissan drift cars. I can highly recommend silkaflex or tigerseal (available in clear) to bond these on. These are marine adhesives made of polyurethene so don't worry about how strong it is and ultimately, you can remove the spoiler and not have holes in your boot.

ahvlanico

Guys, please! Do not drill your boot lid for a mod you may want to reverse, we don't even do this to our beaten Nissan drift cars. I can highly recommend silkaflex or tigerseal (available in clear) to bond these on. These are marine adhesives made of polyurethene so don't worry about how strong it is and ultimately, you can remove the spoiler and not have holes in your boot.

Maybe could we add to the list for the choice:

With screw

without screw

Emtee

Hi Nico. Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the great work you have done.

Can I ask a question about the CF weave?....

Does your manufacturer have a choice of weaves? The weave used on your spoiler looks like a plain weave. Is there the option of a twill weave?

Here is an example of what I mean...

2011-Maserati-Quattroporte-Sport-GT-S-MC-Sport-Line-Door-Sills-View.jpg

Regards, Miles.

ahvlanico

Hello Miles
Im not sure but I think he told me he used this type because it is easier to make curved parts with this one.
I can ask him the question.

2b1ask1

Special case
I'd be happy to go with a glass fibre one without screws as I'm having some respray work don in a couple of months and I can get it colour matched at this time.

JDM

If the white one in the pic is oem, I suppose it does need holes drilling thus becoming a permanent mod. They look hollow so bonding them on doesn't look easy. It would be nice if there was a mating face to adhere to, so my earlier comment may be irrelevant :)

If you do go down this route make sure you paint the exposed metal after drilling and apply some mastic from the inside to stop water ingress.

GETRDY

My mate with a 4200 bought one of these from US 6 months ago, and had serious trouble fitting it as the boot lid needed to be drilled. We pulled the genuine one off a GS to try and get an idea how it should be fitted.....we were amazed at the workmanship, see photos. Anyway, he ended up buying an Australian made real carbon fiber one for AUD440, that had all the right markings and was the bond on type. Looked brilliant!