The good morning thread

GeoffCapes

Morning all. Further improvement this morning.
Apart from the cough I almost feel normal.

Not doing much today. Weather is supposed to be rubbish anyway. What this I keep hearing about a load of snow next week?

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Morning, all.

Sounds like you did well, Newton. Biking in the rain's never much fun, and even less so when it's cold and you're a bit under-powered. Failure, my ar5e. That's an impressive performance!

Glad the new beasts are doing well, Stuart. How much longer will you need to keep an eye on them?

Weather looks a bit dull here but I've a suspicion I have some domestic chores to attend to.

Andyk

Morning all....Bit late this morning as didn't get in until after 2 this morning. Feeling a bit jaded but good night out.

SteveM

Hi Phil, thats very brave especially first Saturday of the Bath Christmas Market - very brave but hopefully appreciated. It will be a nightmare just to get a sandwich at lunch time for the next 2 weeks

drewf

Morning all - late one for us last night, and we are certainly not used to it!

Herself's brother and wife are visiting today, for the first time in a quarter of a century. Can't wait :)

Good afternoon al
Very blustery here today but quite warm too
All chores done so off for a cycle then a folk band tonight hmmmm not sure about that, but ale will be involved
Be safe everyone

2b1ask1

Special case
Well my brother is on his way back to Buxton with the bikes swapped over, the KTM in daylight is a pretty impressive bit of kit and as I sort out lots of niggles on it over the coming weeks it will be near perfect, I have started by setting up the handlebars and mirrors correctly so you sit on it far more comfortably and can actually use the mirrors as intended. Amazingly after 30 years I managed to locate all the parts of the Fizzy except the old V5 and keys and I know where both of those should be...

Upon reflection it was by far the most sensible way to go to bring it home as that distance cold and wet would have been putting my sanity and health at serious risk I think.

Anyway he has on board Alex's BMX as well for his lad who will probably use it more than Alex ever did (another £300 of a teenager's dream that got used twice).

Jeanette is improving all the time and I have an oily driveway and a dry sump 2.0 litree twin spark Alfa!!! It has at last revealed the key to the sudden oil losses I have been getting. An oil filter that only pi$$es oil out when it is cold then re-seals as it warms up!

Got a service to do on it next week anyway so not overly fussed.

Have fun all...

StuartW

Morning everyone - Monday morning sure comes around quickly - Puppy watching and work on the agenda today.
The wind and rain seems to have abated for now so hopefully that's the way it will stay

Have a good one everybody

CatmanV2

Morning all. Back to the office today. Seems like a *long* time, but it;s not really :) 3 weeks until Christmas. Have a great day, all :)

C

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Morning, all. Looks wet and nasty outside, so I'll be staying in. Working at home today. May run the boys down to the station for school it the rain doesn't ease up in the next 20 minutes, though.

C - no more threats that Christmas is only three weeks away, please. The kitchen chap may turn up at any time for a pre-Christmas kitchen-makeover, which frankly feels very ill-timed.

conaero

Forum Owner
Same here Tess, not nice, proper hibernation time (snuggle up with my avatar???), at least its only 4 weeks till the nights start getting lighter again.