Range Rover advice

zagatoes30

Spent sometime with it now and I can only say it is awesome. Quiet, comfortable, super smooth, super quick a really lovely place to be. Gear changes and suspension absorption so much better than the older model. If you floor it really does pick up quickly, no Maserati but more than quick enough and fuel economy well it doesn't, easy to get low 20s on a run and 15-17 around town which was similar to the Spyder. I have not hung the roadblocker on the back yet plenty of time for that.

dem maser

A good buy.....im glad your happy......if they wasnt so thirsty i would have gone for one as i need one for the motorway and country driving when i pick up my little one....quiet, comfortable etc but need to be in the 60s mpg to make it work for me....

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Can you let us know if the modern driving aids make this manoeuvre easier.

Post up the video when you've had a go

https://youtu.be/JEnQ-MgbZiY

The owner of car limits driver training, told a story of a driver training day he carried out to a group of security guards.
They turned up in new Range Rovers.
After the driver training session using normal cars, they wished to carry out the same manoeuvres in one of their Range Rovers.
He strongly advised against it, but the security guards insisted.
The first manoeuvre resulted in the Range Rover on its side...

alfatwo

Sorry Andy mate, those things are just rubbish....You should have kept the old Maser and bought a cheapo van!

Dave

zagatoes30

The owner of car limits driver training, told a story of a driver training day he carried out to a group of security guards.
They turned up in new Range Rovers.
After the driver training session using normal cars, they wished to carry out the same manoeuvres in one of their Range Rovers.
He strongly advised against it, but the security guards insisted.
The first manoeuvre resulted in the Range Rover on its side...

Pretty sure J turns are not a RR strong point

Goodfella

I have been looking to replace the ageing tow barge, 03 RR Diesel, and I have been round and round all the alternatives and even though I know RRs can be a pain they still tick all the boxes.

So search has been set at £25k sub 50k miles which puts me just into early 4.4 TDV8 territory which is 10/11 plate and for a few k less I could get a facelift 09/10 3.6 TDV8. All hunt dory just a case of search out the sweet spec & price point.

Then this popped up RR Supercharged and it is a lot of motor for the price.

View attachment 43501

Now not overly bothered about fuel as it won't be the main car but I have no experience of this Supercharged engine other than it is the same as used in the Jaguar XKR.

Has anyone any experience of this engine in either the RR or the Jag and has any one used a Supercharged RR for towing?

Any advice appreciated

(Holy thread resurrection!)

How are you getting On with the Range Rover Supercharged Mr Zagato?

I’m looking at a possible purchase of a Supercharged as the poxy DPF on the 4.4TDV8 would just be horrendous for the short drives I do..

Any concerns on the timing chain guides?

Gazcw

I’m looking at a possible purchase of a Supercharged as the poxy DPF on the 4.4TDV8 would just be horrendous for the short drives I do..

Check out fullfatrr.com Lots of info on their. Just picked up my 4.4td from an owner on there. There was a sc for sale too older 322 and a 405.

Goodfella

Check out fullfatrr.com Lots of info on their. Just picked up my 4.4td from an owner on there. There was a sc for sale too older 322 and a 405.
I’m on there as well thanks.

Unfortunately it’s not As active as it was & even then finding 5.0 owners is virtually nil.

zagatoes30

I'm going to hate saying this but no issues to date, normal suspension wear, bushes etc and it needed a couple of air bags on the rear. Otherwise regular servicing and oil changes and brakes (it does like brakes). The previous owner was meticulous so I could check previous invoices but don't remember seeing anything to do with timing chain guides

Ewan

Had mine about 9 years and it was spot on. Now owned by another SM forum member, so he can provide an update.

Goodfella

I'm going to hate saying this but no issues to date, normal suspension wear, bushes etc and it needed a couple of air bags on the rear. Otherwise regular servicing and oil changes and brakes (it does like brakes). The previous owner was meticulous so I could check previous invoices but don't remember seeing anything to do with timing chain guides

Thanks for that.

Just trying to be helpful without worrying you.. In the unlikely event you start her up one day and it starts to sound like a diesel, don’t drive it before googling 5.0 supercharged timing chain guides.

zagatoes30

Thanks for that.

Just trying to be helpful without worrying you.. In the unlikely event you start her up one day and it starts to sound like a diesel, don’t drive it before googling 5.0 supercharged timing chain guides.

Googling isn't going to fix it, touchwood no such noises as yet and its done just over 90k. Other than fuel consumption it is an awesome piece of kit

Goodfella

Googling isn't going to fix it, touchwood no such noises as yet and its done just over 90k. Other than fuel consumption it is an awesome piece of kit

That’s what I like to hear.

Would 25 MPG on a run & 18 around town be a close enough statement for the boss of the house?