GS advice

frank rowsell

Hi all new to the forum and on the verge of gs ownership,been to see an 06 30k le special edition blue? leather interior,wondered what you feel she would be worth in the current market all serviced 50% left on clutch etc private seller,nice guy and she looks in good nick, what you recon,and any thing else to look for?
i come from a long list of integrales as my background car but time for a change now!

thanks

frank

Parisien

Hi Frank......thanks for joining and posting.

Firstly as......always with these cars get an independent inspection.

Clutch wear % is a very rough guide.

Look for full sheaf of invoices......stamped up book....annual and mileage services.

Last time F1 pump changed...and brakes....two big costs bar the clutch!

P

ENZ525

Hi Frank,
Just wanted to welcome you to the forum and wish you well in your search for a GS...
There are many on here much better placed to answer your question, I'm sure you will get some good advice,
Regards,
Enzo.

conaero

Forum Owner
Welcome Frank, if the car is an LE spec and in really nice nick all round, including alloys, stone chipping to the front end, if you can get it for less than £30k you will have done well. The time of year and leading up to xmas will be in your favour, come spring the prices will rise.

Let us know how you get on.

Emtee

Hi Frank, Welcome to the forum. Would definitely agree with Parisien regarding an independent inspection. GS's are generally regarded as sorted cars and this seems to be borne out by the experiences of the owners here on the forum, but if you're not certain yourself, getting the expert opinion of someone who knows these cars has to be money well spent. Where is the car? I'm sure we can advise on your nearest indi'. Also what is the asking price? Regards, Miles.

frank rowsell

Hi Thanks, really quick reply there guys, the car was advertised on auto trader a few weeks ago, first one i went to see, one owner,what actually defines le spec? is it from 06 cars onwards?

cheers

frank

Parisien

Frank...one of the GS owners will pass by and fill you in......a more sought after spec for sure!

P

frank rowsell

Hi the car is in the lyndhust area and i think an old **** Lovett car, how do i go about getting an indi inspection?

conaero

Forum Owner
LE spec is full leather mainly, if it has the metallic cloth then its not. There are other bits, but the full leather is the dead give away. What price was it up for?

frank rowsell

Thanks again yea its full leather sort off a two tone blue, sound weird but works well so it is an le, thats good to know it was up for £29950!

what u recon?

cheers

frank

Parisien

Conaero seems spot on then.......get the indie inspection done, then you can use this private report to negotiate further......let us know how you get on,

P

conaero

Forum Owner
I would say that is bang on the money for the time of year, you should be able to get a grand off that price, but would not expect them to drop any lower.

Not sure about this 2 tone blue, but guess I would have to see it. There is always the possibility the car is not an LE and the technocloth has been replaced with a different colour leather as they could not get the exact match, hence the 2 tone.

Of course, I could be completely wrong and this is how it came out the factory, but worth checking.

It should have badges on the C panels, next to the filler cap, and they should have red lines, this would be a dead giveaway that its not an LE:

LE badges:

411632869_3fd699bae3.jpg

Standard badges:

md_IMG_8655-maserati-gran-turismo.JPG

frank rowsell

Great yes it has the c pillar badges not sure about the red bits will check,and has the dark wheels with the matalic special edition blue, i will get a pictureon here, i have put an offer in that has been excepted, just feel like i may have missed a few corners, what are these cars like to drive hard then? i live in Devon and we have some awesome roads,just today we had an italian car driving day over Exmoor and down the atlantic coast,no one on the roads,three cars an alfa 3.0 gtv v6, lancia intgrale evo( me) and an fiat 20v turbo,great fun!

cheers

frank

Parisien

Frank.....IMHO....still not too late to ask for an Indie inspection........if you aint parted with a deposit......why not ask....it could save you quite a bit.....plus piece of mind?

They love to be driven hard........................on well surfaced, cambered roads......you will need the proverbial pot of Nivea cream for that smile on your face!!!

p

Parisien

Plus Conaero...the red lined badge could have been added/changed after .......so need to be sure of what you are actually buying....indie inspection will confirm.

P

Woody

Frank,

Welcome to the forum.

LE spec cars started in 2006 but not all 2006 or later cars are LE. The LE pack included:
- seatta badges (as Matt has pointed out above)
- leather headlining
- full leather
- heated electric seats (with memory on drivers seat)
- Xenons
- Auditoruim 200 (stereo upgrade)
- red callipers
- CD Changer
- Trofeo Mercury Grey alloys (though these could be spec'd as silver as a no cost option)
- Electro chromatic rear view mirror
- Rear parking sensors

IIRC this was a £3175 option which was cheaper than specing them individually.

Is it the car in the pic, below? If so, I would say it is an LE as it has the grey alloys, seatta badges and red callipers. It looked very tidy in the pics on AT a couple of weeks back.

re value - whats anything worth? As advised above, get it inspected (I think even Meridien will do this for you, probalby a couple of hundred quid and they'll want to see the car at their premisis - as mentioned, an Indi will do it too if there's one near by).

The other tip I'd have is speak to the garage that has serviced it. If its one owner, has it been serviced in Meridien? If so, speak to Dominic in Service - I've found him very helpful during my search as a couple of possibles have been looked after there. They can also quote for the next due service.

Other than that, if you really want to go to town, you can ring Maserati UK and ask to speak to someone in the Technical team - give them the last 6 digits of the VIN and they'll tell you the exact spec on the car. Again, I've found these chaps very helful during my search.

Whatever you do though, get it inspected - it doest take much for the bills to get big!

Best of luck in your search, keep us posted on how you get on.

Woody
Line2531.jpg

frank rowsell

Yep thats the girl seems sweet but wanna be sure, kinda getting excited now Devon roads are bumpy at times so wondering how she would cope?

cheers

frank