2016 Road to Le Mans

drewf

Benny certainly gets around, eh? Who else would have the faintest notion of the whiff of camel c0ck!!

Dan!

Well it's all rather exciting isn't it.

Just checked, I could have a long range tank installed in the lotus taking it from 35 litres to 48 litres. All for a bargain price of £1,600 installed.

Fuel cans behind the seats and behind the rear arches with plywood covers painted grey to make them look OEM should do the trick.

Moz1000

Hmm - interesting. On my recent trip down to Mav's gite, I did 1050 miles and used 36 gallons of unleaded. That's 29 mpg.
Does that sound right for a 3200 running almost all the way at 80mph? Or have I missed something?
Dave

dem maser

Hmm - interesting. On my recent trip down to Mav's gite, I did 1050 miles and used 36 gallons of unleaded. That's 29 mpg.
Does that sound right for a 3200 running almost all the way at 80mph? Or have I missed something?
Dave

Thats so economical i want one

Contigo

Sponsor
FYI, P&O only allow 5 litres and the others generally 10l. If fuel is that short I'll be coming in the naggers diseasel. If I fill the car and Jerry can in Belgium, it should get me home.

What's up? Frankenspyder not up to the schlep? :(

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
It is, but I don't want the frogs to run me out of gas. However, although I don't need one, it would give me another reason to hate them.

conaero

Forum Owner
You have a couple of hotels to pay €60 each and 4 nights B&B also at €60 a night plus boozing and eating. The first 2 nights you burn through the cash but once your at the gites you spend very little.

I usually take £500 out in Euros

Our Gite food bill works out at €40 per head and that includes loads of beer and wine

Chrisbassett

Update: motorway stations are still being supplied, but some are rationing. A-road and supermarket stations are hit and miss, mostly miss. Went for a 50 mile drive out to the coast, down through some tourist villages and back, maybe one in ten stations open.

All the open ones had queues, the rest were taped-off.

Most are rationing and no-one anywhere is letting you fill jerry cans.

Prices don't seem too crazy, one supermarket I spotted had diesel for 1.13€ and petrol for 1.28€