Paintwork cost

Wack61

On another forum I'm on a member backed his car into a skip, he's had it repaired , he bought a 2nd hand light for £100 but the surround was a different colour so they painted it to match as well as doing the bodywork

So how much do you think to turn pic 1&2 into pic 3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 32

Wack61

It was £350 , paint and all labour , he supplied the light

I asked him if he had a time machine that went back to 1974 , it's on southern Irish plates so I'm guessing that's where he got it fixed.

My sister has a Nissan qashqai , she knocked th handbrake off and It rolled into a wall putting a big crack in the bumper and a dent as big as that in the tailgate

She took it to a guy that used to do smart repairs but has set up his own body shop , when she got it back you couldn't tell it'd been done , that was £400.

Makes you think doesn't it, we're conditioned to thinking that bodywork is thousands because that's what they've got away with charging but find somebody with the skill who charges a decent rate and the results can be as good

conaero

Forum Owner
Having the GS bonnet and wing tops done, me removing the headlights, £250 cash.

He did the front bumper, perfect for £200.

conaero

Forum Owner
The cost is in removing and refitting the bumper, it can take a day to remove it and a day to refit it.

I do the donkey work so I just pay for the painting.

When painting the bonnet, you have to colour the wing tops then laquer the whole wing.

D Walker

The cost is in removing and refitting the bumper, it can take a day to remove it and a day to refit it.

I do the donkey work so I just pay for the painting.

When painting the bonnet, you have to colour the wing tops then laquer the whole wing.
So practically a front end re spray,
Thanks for offering to do the donkey work but I would do the decent thing and pay for the painting!!!!

Wack61

I've asked the guy who did it in case it was of use to anyone because that's a top repair for £350

the repair was done in RS Autobody in Pennyburn Pass in Derry.

Wack61

Now I've bought a 4200 in need of some paintwork I'm wishing this guy was nearer, though a friend has recommended a body shop in Bolton so I'll be taking it over next week for the bad news

Wack61

Go on, how much

I'm taking it over to get an idea of how successful a job I can expect, it's NS door , both rear wings and probably the roof as there's some bubbling on the rear window seal on both sides

What I don't want to end up with is attractively finished in 6 shades of silver

Steve GS

Had my car resprayed at a grand total of 6k. I thought this was a bit pricy. But I never paid the cost.

AndyG

It's not to bad if you can do the strip and rebuild, however beware it took me about 40hrs of graft to strip and rebuild and I still need to sort out some of the bright work and seals
17d1a608125a6062ef75af9efcf4c0ce.jpg
17c95a13091a32e50386be2bea5cfde9.jpg
14a6c2bd1277fed02892e0006ddf220a.jpg
71673befdc55cd1527c75b692c983b8a.jpg
6ff143edcb30609c4918d533f7ca80d9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

beau

Had some more paint work done here recently

Dented wing (fair sized dent/scrape)
Dented door (dented about 40cmx40cm)
Pull both out and fill
Respray/blend in (metallic black/blue)